Saturday, October 17, 2009

Thursday I took these three little people on a playdate. What was going to be a lunch and movie date turned into a full day of fun.

We started at the McWane Center to see the "Under the Sea" imax movie. I have been dying to take Jackson to the imax theater. Kate does not like movies so it something I like to do for Jackson because he loves it. I had prepared them on the way that we were going to get to see what lives in the ocean....octopus, fish, sharks, crabs, etc. The questions started rolling from their sweet mouths as they were so anxious to see what it was going to be like. They all loved it and learned a lot about the animals that live in the sea.

We were just going to watch the movie and head home but we decided to stay and go see the dinosaurs. B and Jackson are very much into dinosaurs so I couldn't turn down their requests. Jackson loves to play www.pbskids.org and one of his favorite games is digging for dinosaurs. Well the first thing he sees is the digging for dinosaur exhibit. This was their favorite of the day. They all three did it together and helped each other find all the dinosaur bones.



It was super busy with lots of field trips but we managed to squeeze in some fun play time before lunch.




As we were pulling out of downtown Bham I passed Morris Avenue and we heard the trains so I decided to take a detour and take them down to watch all the trains that come through Bham. We got out of the car and the boys took off.....




I let them get up on the tracks to see what they looked like and see how the trains travel. Well after a few minutes we hear one coming....


Their faces were priceless......


This sweet girl hung out with me. It had been raining and we decided she didn't dress to climb on train tracks. It is really dirty and she said she had been there to play many times and she would just hang out with me. Love this girl....


After the train passed they wanted more to come so we waited a little while and after about 15 minutes we decided we could sit there all day and another one not come so off to the peanut depot we went.

B told me he wanted a bag of peanuts this big.....




As soon as we got in the car they all dug into their bag of peanuts. Needless to say many of them found a home in the floor of my car but I wouldn't trade it for the world. These precious children made my day. I love seeing the world through their eyes and the excitement of new things.







3 comments:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

You are the coolest playdate mom EVER.

Ashley Eiler said...

you are certainly the sweetest and coolest playdate mom EVVVVVEEERRRR and i am so thrilled to see the pictures...i am so proud...what a precious day and a blessing to me as well....thank you for taking such good care of my precious little...love you friend..

The Taylors said...

WOW!!! I had no idea the day was so elaborate! You certainly win the coolest mom in the cul-de-sac award this month! Rock on sister!

Followers