Wednesday, September 1, 2010

a little getaway.....


This past weekend I got to get away for 4 days with 4 girls that I grew up with. Alisha, Lindsay, Jenny and I went to elementary, middle, high school, and college together. Barkley moved to Decatur when we were in 8th grade and has been friends with all of us since then. I lived with Lindsay and Barkley off and on through college and post college. Been through a lot together.....ups, downs, laughs, tears....you name it.....marriages, babies, etc.


What I love about these friends is that even though I haven't seen some of them for a day,a month, a year, 2 years....it feels just like we saw each other last week. Some things have changed and some things havent changed. I feel so blessed to call these girls friends.



It rained the ENTIRE 4 days we were there. I don't remember seeing the sun shine but for maybe an hour. That did not stop us from having fun. We sat in the hot tub, in the rain, and talked for hours. One day we sat in the condo and talked on the balcony all day. God is doing amazing things in each one of our lives and what a blessing it was to be able to sit and catch up. We did attempt to walk on the beach twice.....the first time two of us only made it half way before the sky fell and the second attempt we did get to put our feet in the sand for maybe 15 minutes before it started to rain again.

Alisha's dad has a sailboat there and so the plan all week was to go sailing one day. Since the weather didn't cooperate and the boat never set sail we just went and hung out with her dad and day dreamed about the next trip when hopefully we can go sailing in the gulf.



The one thing that we looked forward to everyday was going out to dinner. We enjoyed some good food.....seafood for everyone but me....but good food was had by all. We also visited Jimmy Buffett's new resort that he just built and sat out on the beach listening to good music.




I love you girls and thank you for such a wonderful little getaway. I can't wait until next year.

No comments:

Followers