Thursday, June 12, 2008

Little boys.....where do they come from??


Ok, so I have three sisters and then had Kate first so I understand "girl things". Kate and I understand each other. Well, Jackson on the other hand is giving me a run for my money these days. Starting last week he started taking his diaper off and running around naked. I got on to him and then put it back on. This goes on all day and yes he has pooped on the floor, the whole nine yards. So when we had his two year old appt last week I decided I would ask the doc for help......and of course he said maybe Jackson is ready to start potty training.....so after a couple of days of just trying to bribe him to just sit on the potty I have decided....NO he is not ready to potty train. He still doesn't want to wear a diaper so I guess I will take the advise of my sweet neighbor Lora and duck tape him into his diaper. Any other suggestions??
My other issue with him is he is doing great taking his naps still but he is not wanting to go back to bed at night. So I put him down for nap at 1:30 and he wakes up around 3:30-4.....and at 9:30 and 10pm he is still rock n rolling( I will say that he cannot go without a nap...by 230 he is unbearable) So after a couple of nights of trying to get him to stay in his bed over and over again we decided to turn the knob on his door around and lock him in there(I know it sounds awful but he doesnt cry and I usually sit in the room next to him until I know he is asleep). The first night he fell asleep right next to the door, the next day he went to sleep on his toys and so on. Sooooo today I had the grand idea that since i had a sitter today and they were going to the pool I would let him skip a nap and i would just put him to bed at 7. WRONG again.....he fell asleep at 515 in the highchair with his head hanging in the macaroni and cheese. What is a mother to do????I cannot win. I know he isn't ready to give up his nap but i also can't have him up at 10 at night. suggestions????

3 comments:

The Fab Five said...

You gave me a lol... Hmmmm... What about putting him down for his nap at 1 and then waking him no later than 3?? Who knows... and the diaper thing: the duct tape sounds like a winner!

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Yea, I'd start waking him up after a certain amount of time until you find the right balance.

And, I'm telling you, duct tape...

Allison said...

get the duct tape for SURE:) He is such a cute mess;)

Followers