Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Speaks to my heart

Do you ever have those moments when a song hits a special place in your heart?? You feel exactly what they are singing about……like they are singing it to you. Today while on the treadmill that happened to me. I have listened to this song so many times but today was different. “Brave” by Nichole Nordeman……..WOW!! It brought me to tears as it was just what I needed to listen to today. My sister told me a couple of months ago that I had to download this that is was an awesome song. I did just that and loved it from the first time I heard it. But at that moment it didn’t hit me like it did today. I couldn’t help but share what it meant to me today.
The gate is wide
The road is paved in moderation
The crowd is kind and quick to pull you in
Welcome to the middle ground
You're safe and sound and
Until now it's where I've been

'Cause it's been fear that ties me down to everything
But it's been love, Your love, that cuts the strings

So long status quo
I think I just let go
You make me want to be brave
The way it always was
Is no longer good enough
You make me want to be brave
Brave, brave

I am small
And I speak when I'm spoken to
But I am willing to risk it all
I say Your name
Just Your name and I'm ready to jump
Even ready to fall...

Why did I take this vow of compromise?
Why did I try to keep it all inside?

So long status quo
I think I just let go
You make me want to be brave
The way it always was
Is no longer good enough
You make me want to be brave
Brave, brave

I've never known a fire that didn't begin with a flame
Every storm will start with just a drop of rain
But if you believe in me
That changes everything
So long, I'm gone

Chorus again..

“Brave”….I want to be brave in this broken world. I want to speak his name when he calls me to do so. I believe....his grace, mercy and love have changed my heart. I have had a few things happen to me in the last couple of days that I felt like the holy spirit was speaking to me……asking me to be brave. To believe in him….to fully trust him…….that he will guide me to do his will. That even when I am put in a situation that doesn’t praise him…..I can be brave. That people will see Him in me…..that my children will see Him in me. Just like my preacher said Sunday….”You don’t have to take your children somewhere to see the presence of God, they should see the presence of God in you”

3 comments:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

N.N. is my favorite singer of all time. Her "Woven and Spun" album is the soundtrack for the last four years of my life. Can't go wrong with her.

The Fab Five said...

Thank you for sharing. Her songs have been a voice for my growth in the recent months. Check out my April post, To Know God is to Truly Live. I think we can relate

Allison said...

You are speaking to my heart, sweet sister! I love that we can share this journey of Growing in Christ together. I love you so much:) I am hear for you;)

He does make you brave. He is so much more than we can even imagine!

Now, go download Laura Story's song "Grace" it will touch your heart too;)

Followers